We have a number of online resources for students to receive information. In addition to this main website for PROMISE which launched this past summer (5,000+ hits), we have an active Dissertation House website (18,000+ hits, 2300+ comments), an intranet site through MyUMBC (300+ members), a site that regularly lists all of the PROMISE Seminars & Workshops (32,000+ hits), PROMISE Facebook page, and a PROMISE Twitter site. Please subscribe or join these sites to get the latest updates via email. Don’t miss the webinars, dinner meetings, Dissertation House sessions, thesis completion workshops, academic achievement advice, professional development seminars, job announcements, and funding updates. While the MyUMBC site is limited to students on that campus, all of the other sites are open to anyone from any campus. Please join us! Stay informed. Participate, connect, and let us help you to meet your goals.
Reminders from PROMISE:
- Preparing for academic success: things to do before class or early in the semester.
- Getting sleep and taking breaks
- Getting your faculty members together for a defense date
- Do you need to continue the Dissertation House experience? Join the “INSANITY/Countdown” group for the next two weekends! Feb. 10-12 & Feb. 17-19, 2012! (dissertationhouse.wordpress.com)
- Dissertation House WEEKEND at UMBC: 26 hours!! Fri. Feb. 3 – Sun. Feb. 5 (dissertationhouse.wordpress.com)
- Dissertation Writing & Support Groups starting February. Register now. (dissertationhouse.wordpress.com)
- February 2012: Barrett Whitener returns to discuss oral & poster presentations (2/15); PROMISE Spring Meeting (2/17), Thesis & Dissertation prep (2/23) (promisesuccessseminars.wordpress.com)
- Postdoc and Faculty Jobs “Down Under.” Consider Australia! (promiseagep.wordpress.com)